Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wow. Seven Years.

Mike and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary on Sunday, August 8th. At times it seems like it was a lifetime ago that I walked down the aisle and said "I do" to my best friend. More often than not, it feels like it was yesterday. So much time has passed and our lives have changed over-and-over again but one thing has remained constant - our love for one another.

I've always been told that the best things come when you roll the dice and play the odds. Mike and I took a chance on one another and I'm glad we did. In good times and in bad, there's no one I'd rather have by my side. I love you, Mike.


"I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me. Love is knowing all about someone and still wanting to be with them more than any other person. Love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself including the things you might be ashamed of. Love is feeling comfortable and safe with something, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you."

2 comments:

The Fry Family said...

Happy Anniversary - I can't believe it's been 7 years. That's like... almost TEN! Yikes!
Love you both and miss you terribly!
-Ab

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary! :)