Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh, my...

Sometimes my husband needs a chaperon. Yesterday was one of those days. Mike, his father and Miles went up to Philly to help his dad pick up some tools that a family friend was giving away. There was never any mention of Mike getting tools too.

Not long ago, Mike and I had a talk about his saw collection - he has a circular saw, two table saws, a miter saw, a saw zaw and I'm pretty sure a rotary saw too. I completely understand that each saw has a different purpose but how many saws does one man need? Well, he came home with a band saw and, according to him and his father, not every guy has a band saw and it's pretty cool that Mike does. Okay. Fine. Another saw in our basement. (I'm just waiting for my money tree to grow back so we can buy the shed Mike wants for our backyard.)

If that wasn't bad enough. He came home with this:



What in the world do I do with this head? Mike really likes it. And, my in-laws supposedly have one at their house too that they've named! Who is this guy? Why did the family friend create him? He would be okay in a study or game room but on our mantle in our family room?! Really?

If you have any suggestions on where he should go or what I should do with this head, I'd love to hear them. I have a few thoughts of my own but wouldn't mind some creative ideas. I'll even take name suggestions for the heck of it.

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. My father-in-law is not a very good chaperon - at least not when tools and carved heads are in the mix ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mid-afternoon laugh. This is so very Mike. And, yes, the head belongs somewhere OTHER than the mantle... (Although you guys were just talking about the fact that you need to figure out what to put up there.) But remember: Just as you are exasperated with your husband's saw collection, he is probably equally exasperated with your shoe collection, purse collection, china collection .... :)

Love,
The woman who is afraid to admit that she shares your husband's crazy DNA

Aunt Annie said...

Shannon: Are you familiar with a little show called Antiques Road Show???? If this head is bronze it could be worth a fortune - I think Mike has excellent taste in heads!!!

XXOO Aunt Annie

Hannah & Nick said...

I think you need to start decorating it differently...and posting pic on the blog. IE some days he has sunglasses, a birthday hat, a wig...etc. You could have a lot of fun making it look silly. :p

The Fry Family said...

I'm with Hannah... I think he should be dressed for the seasons - like those concrete geese some people have on their front porch. He's like a Tushie mascot! ;-)

Just one question... you are aware that you married Mike Tedeschi, right? If I was you, antics like this would NOT surprise me! ;-P