Sunday, July 25, 2010

Not Long Enough

Why is it that the clock ticks faster when you want it to go slower? And slower when you want it to go faster?

This weekend was one of those that went by way too fast. My best friend Katie flew in from Michigan on Friday for some much needed girlfriend time. It's been ages since we've had the opportunity to spend time with one another without me having to rush off during one of my always too short Michigan visits. Unfortunately the weather was incredibly HOT the entire weekend so Plan A (sailing) was canceled and Plan B (going to a Butterfly garden) was tossed out the window since the exhibit was only open for two hours on Saturday.

Before the heat set in on Saturday (the heat index ended up being 111 degrees), we were able to visit Rocks State Park. There's a beautiful waterfall at the end of one of the trails. Mike, Miles, Katie and I took off our shoes and waded in the water. It was very refreshing. We wish we would have had Miles swim suit (ours too) because he ended up going "swimming" in his clothes. He didn't seem to mind but boy was his diaper HUGE at the end - I think it's safe to say that Luv diapers are leak proof after seeing how much water it held.

Afterward, we went back to our house and filled up Miles's baby pool, soaked our toes and had a few adult beverages. Mike set up the sprinkler for Miles but we ran through it a couple of times too.

I wish the weather would have been more cooperative but I'll take whatever time I can with my best friend of 13 plus years. It makes me sad that we aren't able to spend more time with one another and that the time we do have races by. I can't wait for her next visit :)








No comments: