Monday, July 19, 2010

My Next Thirty Years

I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era  and the turning of a page
Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord, have mercy on my next thirty years...

Thirty! Really?! Another year. Another decade. Gone. Wow!

I've never been one to really care about my age. I'm not sure why but I think it might be because I've never felt my real age. I have always felt much younger. I still don't think I'm old enough to be married, own a house or have had a baby BUT I am, I do and I did.

Regardless of how young or old I am, I feel blessed to be where I am in my life. There's no doubt in my mind that I'm exactly where I should be at this time. I couldn't ask for more - I have a husband I adore, a son who makes me laugh constantly, a wonderful family and amazing friends. What more could I want or need? Life is good.

In my next thirty years, there are a few things that I WILL do (I am still adding):
  • visit Ireland, Italy and Greece (wait until Mike's hears about this!)
  • sky-dive
  • see the Grand Canyon
  • learn how to fly
  • run a marathon relay (and hopefully a half marathon)
  • ride in a hot air balloon
  • visit all 50 states (I don't have too many left)
  • learn how to sew
  • watch the ball drop in NYC on New Year's Eve
  • volunteer at the Olympics
  • attend a Super Bowl
  • live well, laugh often, love much

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Where is your sign picture??? :)

The Fry Family said...

Ha! Hannah is too funny... hopefully you won't eat your sign like Miles does! ;-)
I like you're list... I have the Olympics on mine, too.

Amanda said...

Happy birthday! :)