I can only remember one time we didn't make it to Buffalo. We were in Cleveland and the van started acting up and my dad thought it was best for us to turn around. That was the worst Thanksgiving. It wasn't until I moved to Maryland that I missed another Buffalo Thanksgiving.
Mike and I decided that we would rotate Thanksgiving and Christmas between our two families. I have to admit, the first Maryland year was a bit challenging for me. I felt so lost without my massive family around me but, through the years, I've learned to love the smaller, more intimate gathering with the Tedeschi family.
We were in Maryland this year and started the day off at church with Mike's mom and grandma. Later we headed over to my in-laws for dinner with the family. It was so nice to have the four cousins together. Miles was ecstatic when they walked in and loved following Emilie and Nicholas around and kissing all over Ella.
There's so much that I'm thankful for, but I'm most thankful for my two and a half foot tall "monster." Miles has made me see life through a new pair of eyes and is making me explore the world with him. Even when he's Oscar, he makes life better. I'm also thankful for my other but not always better half ;) I have been blessed to find Mike - the love of my life. Like most, we have our moments, but there's no one I'd rather be with at the end of the day.
I cannot forget our two amazing families, especially our parents. They have been absolutely wonderful to us and, even though we're in our thirties, we still count on them for their love, advice and support. Miles is blessed to have the four of them as his grandparents.
And, what would Thanksgiving be without
someone taking a cat nap? Sorry Steve!
someone taking a cat nap? Sorry Steve!
One last note, 10 years ago on November 25th, we welcomed our very first nephew into the world. Happy Birthday Caleb! We love you very much!









No comments:
Post a Comment