Monday, November 1, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

We waited until the last minute to carve our pumpkins. Miles helped Daddy scoop out the ooey, gooey and slimy inside. He switched back and forth between using his hands and a small plastic scooper. He was all smiles until Mike tried carving a face into one of "his" small pumpkins. He went nuts! Every time Mike went near the small pumpkin Miles started crying and pulling it toward him. Mike had to show him on another pumpkin that it was okay. Eventually Miles let Mike put a face on "his" pumpkin. Miles didn't seem to mind that I was carving Elmo onto our big pumpkin (with the help of a template).









After we finished, I made a batch of pumpkin seeds. They were delicious! I washed the seeds and let them dry overnight. The next day I coated them with a little butter, salt and garlic powder. I placed them on a cookie sheet and baked at 325 degrees until they were crunchy. Mike and I ate the entire pan in one day. I have every intention of opening up all the other pumpkins we have before they go bad so I can make another batch!

No comments: