Friday, January 18, 2013

Melina: Two Months Old

Dear Melina,

You captured our hearts before you could smile, but now that you can, oh my. You have the cutest little dimple on your left cheek, and another on the right side that's barely noticeable. Each time you flash those dimples, you make me smile. I love our daily conversations now too. You started cooing this month and I swear you have said "mama" once or twice. I know it's extremely unlikely but you definitely caught my attention.

Your brother's love continues to grow every minute. Miles is patiently waiting for the moment you're able to play with him. He reads to you. He runs around getting diapers, wipes and burp clothes for you. When you cry, he runs and gives you your pacifier. He adores you.

Miles went with me to your two month check-up. He reminded your doctor that you did not like shots and offered to take them for you. Runny nose and all he said "I like shots. I take them for her." Unfortunately you had to get them and you were extremely vocal about your dislike in the experience. The good news is you are growing. You've gained almost two pounds and grown 1 1/2 inches in the last month. You're now 11 pounds 5 ounces and 22 3/4 inches long and in the 75th percentile for height and weight. It looks like gymnastics may not be in your future.

We do have our not so great moments, but daddy and I are trying. Thank you for being patient with us as we continue to learn your cries. You have made it very clear that you do not like to be wet (I'm not sure who does though). Just the other week we made a trip to the doctor's because you had us worried that you had an infection. Nope. You just wanted to give us warning that you would need a diaper change.

Daddy and I do have one favor though, can you work on sleeping more at night? Your brother spoiled us and was sleeping through the night at this point. Can we work on this? Thanks.

Happy two months, baby girl!


No comments: