Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Unexpected Trip to Buffalo

Mike, Miles and I made an unexpected trip to Buffalo to attend the my cousin Neil's funeral last week. He died on Sunday, October 10th from a heart attack. It was a very quick trip – we left Wednesday afternoon, arrived in Buffalo at 7:30 pm and then drove home Thursday afternoon. Although I would have preferred to have made the trip for a happier reason, it was nice to see my family and introduce many of them to Miles.

Miles with his Great Great Aunt Nancy. Maybe next time
he'll be a little happier when we take a picture!

For those who don't know, Buffalo is like a second home to me. Most of my Thanksgiving memories as a child are in Buffalo with my Aunt Nancy, Uncle Lee and their family. There is only one Thanksgiving I don't remember going and we were actually on our way. My parent's van started acting up in Cleveland so my dad decided it was best to turn around and head home. We were all devastated (seriously).

Mike and I decided before we got married that we would rotate holidays, so now we go up To Buffalo every other year for Thanksgiving. I hope to continue this tradition for as long as possible for Miles.

No comments: