WE DID IT! Mike and I were part of a four-man relay team, Are We There Yet, at the 10th Annual Baltimore Running Festival. We were supposed to run the race with our friends Emily and Jim (a husband/wife duo); but Emily ended up needing surgery the day of the race. She was determined to run but became too ill three days before and Jim, for obvious reasons, wanted to be at the hospital.
However, Jim found two friends who were able to fill in for them. We met Lindsay and James on race day and had a blast! We kicked butt and finished in less than four hours and were the 259th relay team across the finish line out of 870. Both James and Lindsay are marathon runners and did awesome. I was the slow-poke of the group, running 9 1/2 minute miles.
Leg 1: Mike
5.7 miles - 49:53
Leg 2: Shannon
7.1 miles - 1:07:40
Leg 3: James
6.1 miles - 59:54
Leg 4: Lindsay
7.3 miles - 57:22
Total: 3:54:47
I'm not positive but both Mike and I may do it again next year - anyone interested in joining us?


2 comments:
Congratulations! I am always so impressed with runners because it's something that I don't think I could ever do. Maybe one day... but probably not. :) How did you go about training for the race?
You guys rock!
Post a Comment