If this past weekend was a preview of how hot this summer will be, I'm not looking forward to it. The temperature was around 90 degrees both days and Sunday was very humid. I like it warm but I prefer not to skip seasons. I've asked Mother Nature to bring spring back for a few more weeks.
Mike and I hate turning our air conditioner before the end of June and have even gone into July before hitting the switch. We don't plan on changing our ways this year but Miles may make us change our mind. Today he was sporting a heat rash and even with just a diaper on, the little guy was sweating. However, instead of caving in to having the AC on, we decided the boy needed a baby pool and ran to Toys R Us and picked one up. I'm sure it will pay for itself in no time.
It didn't take more than 10 minutes before Miles was in it and splashing around. Our little fish loved every minute and stayed in the water for at least an hour. He poured water onto the deck, ate his toys (nothing new there) and somehow talked Daddy into getting in and helping him down the slide. He couldn't get enough of it and tried walking up it multiple times. It didn't take Miles long to figure out that if he looked at Mike then at the slide and smiled, he'd get picked up and down the slide he'd go. And every time he went down, all we heard was giggles.
No comments:
Post a Comment