The last 10 months have been quite the experience and one that Mike and I are truly enjoying. Miles has brought so much love, laughter and happiness into our lives. We cherish every minute we have with him and thank God every day for giving us such a blessing.
This was my first "official" Mother's Day since Miles was still "cooking" at this time last year. Mike and Miles made it very special. On Friday, Mike sent a bouquet of tulips to the office - from Miles, of course. And on Saturday, the three of us went to a local artist's studio and picked up a bird feeder I've had my eyes on since before Christmas. Miles, Homer and I watched Mike put it up this afternoon. I LOVE IT!
For dinner we met Mike's parents, Steve, Kelly, Nicholas and Emilie at the Baltimore Yacht Club. Miles was very excited to see his cousins and even swiped a brownie off of Mike's dessert plate...he's a sneaky little guy who definitely likes chocolate.
To my mom, Mike's mom and all the other moms we know, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. (Rajneesh)


No comments:
Post a Comment