I'm not going to lie, I am scared to death that Mike and I are going to be parents in only a matter of weeks. Everyone has said the closer I'll get the more I'll want this baby out, I'm not there yet. I'd like to get as close to our due date as possible. The other day I realized that the baby has to come out and had an "Oh My" moment on my way into work. I think that might be the scariest part. Ten centimeters is NOT that big!
On another note, we have finished our birthing classes and have infant CPR on June 2nd. We've picked out a baby girl and baby boy coming home outfit and have washed them both. Now I just need to finish packing my bag.
Here's my 34 week picture.
3 comments:
I'm so there, Shannon! I was totally scared when I delivered Kaitlyn and I remember saying out loud after she was born, "Yeah, I could do that again." The epidural was helpful for me. :)
Now I'm having my second child and I'm still a bit scared by it all, but I just cannot wait to see and hold my son for the first time. That really is magical. I'm 35 weeks and I'm having Braxton-Hicks contractions every day, so I am reminded often that he's coming. And yeah, when the time comes, you're ready. I don't know how it happens, but I chalk it up to the miracle of creating life. :)
You look great!
-Linda
Wow...its sounds like you are going through the same thoughts I am! I completely agree, everyone keeps on asking if I am ready, and the response always comes back, ..."Nope I am still waiting to be closer to July 4th!" You look so cute in your picture! Glad to hear things are going well.
Shannon, you both are going to be fabulous parents i am pretty positive of that. :)
I can personally say that childbirth was far tramatic than i thought it was going to be. You are a strong lady and you will do fine.
Love ya,
Carrie
Post a Comment