Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

For the last seven or so years, Mike and I have had a mini-season ticket plan with the Aberdeen Ironbirds, the Class A short season affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles. I grew up loving baseball. There's nothing I love more than walking into a baseball stadium and smelling fresh popcorn, hot dogs and elephant ears (yum!). During the game, I love hearing the crack of the bat as the ball hits it, the players sliding into base and watching the home team turn double-plays. On the other hand, Mike could give or take it. He enjoys the atmosphere and the opportunity to catch-up with our friends (don't get me wrong, so do I).

Miles seems to be on the same side of the fence as I am. At nearly two years old, the boy will sit through an entire baseball game. Yes. An entire game! He focuses in on the field and watches intensely as the boys play ball. He cheers for the home team, tries singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," he even yells or boo's with the rest of the stadium when there's a bad call.

I'm thinking we may have a little slugger on our hands.

No comments: