On Monday, April 4th, Mike, Miles and I attended the 2011 Orioles home opener against the DETROIT TIGERS! The owners of the company I work for rented a suite and invited the entire staff and their families to the game. When they made the announcement I was excited but then they said the game would be against the Tigers I practically jumped out of my chair. Woo Who! What luck! Not only would Miles be attending his first Orioles game, but he would be seeing his "other" home team – my boys in blue!
Miles and I sported our Tigers' attire, while the rest of the group (including Mike) was decked out in orange and black. It looks like we have a baseball lover in our house. Miles loved the game. I think he would have stayed longer had it not ended. He clapped, laughed, sang and danced along with the rest of the crowd. I tried telling him they were rooting for the Orioles but he didn't seem to mind, he just wanted to be part of the action.
Although the Tigers lost, it really was a win-win for me. I saw my hometown team, Miles saw the two teams he'll grow up cheering for and everyone in Baltimore was in a good mood. Besides a W for Detroit, there's maybe just one more thing I could have asked for...some Cracker Jacks!


No comments:
Post a Comment