If you ask Miles what does Santa say, he'll tell you "ho, ho, ho." But, if you ask him if he wants to meet Santa, chances are he'll shake his head no. Mike and I ventured into the local mall the weekend before Christmas in hopes that Miles really meant yes (even though he so knows how to shake his head yes).
I could hardly believe that there was already a line for Santa almost 1/2 hour before his arrival. Mike and I thought we'd dash into a store or two but after we saw the line forming, we quickly joined the crazy parents group. There were three or four families ahead of us but since Santa's a pro, it didn't take too long before it was our turn.
Miles was clinging to my jacket and was reluctant to let go, but he did. At first he was a bit uncertain of the jolly old man but Miles did really well sitting on Santa's lap. I think he was just trying to figure out if it was really him.
Santa told him he was a good boy this year and that he'd bring him something special...he wasn't sure what just yet. Miles didn't pressure him for any specifics though :) Instead he hopped down, held out his hands and waited for Santa to give him a sheet of stickers. If that was all Santa gave him this year, he'd be ecstatic.
It's hard to believe this will be Miles' second Christmas. We're two for two with getting a decent Santa picture.


No comments:
Post a Comment