Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Week of MILEStones

Our little boy has been very busy this week. On Sunday, November 1st, Miles tried rice cereal for the first time. We've been mixing it in his bottle for two months now because of his acid reflux but our pediatrician told us to go ahead and give it a go before his four month check-up (which is coming up). Miles didn't seem to like it at first, as I'm sure this is how most babies react to their first try of the tasteless food. However, he did like the airplane spoon and noises that Mommy and Daddy made while feeding him (thanks Denise and Mike).



Trying cereal this week wasn't enough for Miles though. He decided this was the week he was going to start rolling over. In the wee hours of Wednesday, November 4th, I heard Miles fussing. When I looked in the video monitor, he had rolled from his back onto his stomach. I could hardly believe it. I went into this room and rolled him back over and we both went back to sleep. A few hours later, the same thing happened. Later that day, he continued to roll over at daycare and that night showed us that he could roll from his front to back too. This weekend, I was able to capture his latest accomplishment on camera.



Rolling around is quite a workout for a four-month-old. It didn't take him long to learn how to swallow his rice cereal and eat off of a spoon. He finished off a whole bowl of cereal (1 tbsp of rice cereal with formula) for the first time today. Who knew someone could be this excited for rice cereal?

No comments: