Saturday, November 18, 2017

Happy 5th Birthday, Little Miss!

Oh, my beautiful baby girl. I blinked and you turned FIVE. When you were born, the doctor had me do one practice push. The next push and you were in our arms. Had someone asked me in that moment how I pictured you in five years, I’m certain that I could have NEVER described who you’ve become.

Little lady. You challenge us… not every day, but every single step of every day. Your smile is filled with joy and your smirk makes our heart melt and pause at the same time. Your whining is mind-numbing but your laughter is infectious. If children were delivered with manuals, you would have required a new and rare edition. You are witty, stubborn, charming, devious, silly, and a tad crazy (a good crazy). I love you, but you are exhausting. So much so that I’ve lost count as to how many times your dad has fallen asleep by your side for the night.

You face challenges head on and when they are scary, you grab mine, Miles’ or your dad’s hand for support. You love fiercely and with your whole heart and those of us who are on the end of that love are SO lucky. You are independent, smart, sassy, strong willed and… loud. Very loud. You love to sing and dance. You make up your own words to songs just like daddy. You are your brother’s biggest fan—and most days he feels the same way. If you stop messing with him, you’d have a higher rating ;) The two of you are still a bunch of monkeys playing monkey-see monkey-do though. He jumps and you say “I can jump higher.” I love nothing more than when the two of you have giggle attacks together and laugh uncontrollably. 

You have grown so much over the last year! I love when you put your mind to something and achieve your goal. One of my proudest moments this year was when you learned how to ride your bike without training wheels. (Someone may have bribed you with frozen yogurt and you made sure we paid up.) You also started full day/week preschool without a tear rolling down your cheek. And, I'm fairly certain you come home every other week smiling ear-to-ear that you've "filled your bucket" at school. I'm so proud of you!

Little miss, I love you so very much. You remind me every day that the days are long and the years are short. But when you wrap your arms around my neck and give me a kiss, all my worries fade away. Some like to call you my mini. I disagree. You are YOU... my tremendous little lady. Please keep those kisses and smiles heading my way... feel free to turn up the "volume." I'm so blessed to hear you call me your mommy.

I love you to the moon and back. 
Mommy







No comments: