Dear Melina,
Let me start by saying, thank you. It took a small investment and the help of a sleep specialist, but you are FINALLY sleeping at night. You're averaging about 12 hours a night and have morphed into a completely different baby. You smile — a lot! I guess the lack of sleep wasn't just taking a toll on mommy and daddy. Naps still aren't part of your vocabulary, but you are slowly coming around to the idea.
You've had an exciting month. Your two bottom front teeth have come through and have turned you into an eating machine. You love watermelon, yogurt, pancakes, pears, cantaloupe, pasta and just about anything we let you get your little fingers on. I think you've liked just about everything you've tried so far. You aren't showing signs of being a picky eater like Miles, so I guess that's the trade off of not being a good sleeper.
Melina. You are so stinkin' cute when you're in the mood. You make this panting noise like a puppy dog when you get excited. You also make a high pitch squeal that makes everyone around burst into laughter when you do it. And you know we think it's funny so you do it over and over and over again. You also like to kick your legs and flail your arms when you're excited. It's like you're trying to make an air "snow" angel.
You are probably one of the most mobile, non-crawling babies I've ever seen. You have an amazing talent for scooting around on your butt. You can move across the room and reach anything you want by simply sitting up, bending over to reach for it and then sitting up again and repeating the whole process. I think it's only a matter of time before you figure out how to move your legs in tandem with your arms. Until then, I'm completely content knowing that if I put you down, you're more than likely going to be in the same area that I left you and not dashing for the staircase.
This past month you have grown so much. The lack of sleep I've been dealing with was making me want to morph you out of this baby stage, but now I'd like you to push slow-motion. Please. Thank you. I love that you love me (even though I'd also love for you to let other people hold you besides me and daddy). I love that you think your brother is hysterical, except for when he squeezes you around the neck too hard. I love that you have a strong personality and know what you want (okay, so I like this most days). And, I love that you have started giving me kisses and hugs. It melts this mama's heart.
I love you, baby girl. Happy eight months.

1 comment:
Cute pics :)
Post a Comment