When I decided to turn my wedding dress into a baptism gown, some people thought I was nuts. Some said, "What if you have a baby girl? Don't you want to keep it for her?" I politely laughed and said the chance that I would (1) have a daughter, (2) that she would want to wear it, and (3) be my size are slim. I thought I had a better chance of winning a game in Vegas. Knowing what I know now, I'm thankful that Nana Roberts created a family keepsake from my gown and that I didn't worry about keeping a dress for the daughter I didn't have at the time.
After today, there's no doubt I made the right decision. Melina had her six month check-up. She weighed in at 17 pounds 2 ounces, and measured 27" long. She's in the 75th percentile for weight and has entered the 90th percentile for height. She's the exact same length as Miles when he was this age and about a pound lighter. Melina is a BIG girl — and I say that with love.
I'm not sure how this 5' tall girl (on a good day) has two littles who are tall for their ages. How is that physically possible? Oh well, I'm not complaining. As much as I'd love to have a little peanut and not feel like I'm tumbling over when I'm carrying Melina in the infant carrier, I'm thrilled that both of them are "tall." That's a word that I've never had associated with me...
No comments:
Post a Comment