I'm convinced that when you're a parent, the days fly by in lightning speed. Every second that the clock ticks another baby moment disappears. I'm trying hard not to dwell on the fact that you're already six months old and those newborn "squishy baby" days (as your daddy likes to call them) are a thing of the past. You are growing at a tremendous pace and I'd really like to hit the slow, or even pause, button on the remote.
You are a rolling machine. The minute you're on the ground, you start rolling around the room. You roll to grab your toys. You roll as you try to reach your brother. You roll and roll and roll... forwards and backwards. Now that you've mastered that skill, you are determined to figure out how to sit. You have amazing ab power and can pull yourself up from laying when daddy and I are holding you, but you haven't figured out how to lift yourself when you're on the ground. Baby steps, little girl. Baby steps.
Your little smile brightens up the room, while your personality is too big to contain in anything. People may think I'm crazy, but at six months old, you are stubborn. You know what you want and when you want it...and most of the time, it was two seconds before daddy and I figure out that we missed your cue. You are quite the character. Daddy likes to call you the Burger King Girl – you want to "Have it Your Way" and that's that. There's no doubt that you are a master at keeping us on our toes. (Which is a little scary, considering you are only six months old.)
With every passing day, the bond between you and your brother continues to grow. Miles adores you and the feeling is mutual. He has a way of bringing out your belly laughs like no one else. When you cry, he starts singing — it doesn't always make you stop, but it sure is cute that he tries to make you happy.
You are the baby. You are my baby. You are our (last) baby.
Happy six months, baby girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment