The first trimester is OVER! Seems crazy since we just shared our news a few days ago.
First Trimester Cravings:
Please pass the bread, pasta and potatoes – seriously, that's just about everything I've wanted to eat the last two months. I'm not surprised though. The thought of eating when I was pregnant with Miles was repulsive. I lived on starches for the first trimester with him. However, this time around, I have been able to stomach fruits, a select number of veggies and some meat.
Morning Sickness:
I was only sick twice with Miles and thankfully the porcelain goddess and I didn't have any meetings this time around. I'm often nauseous after dinner and need a nap then too. My fingers are crossed that the second trimester is better.
Energy Level:
Exhausted. Although I have more energy this time around, I am absolutely drained by the time Miles' bedtime rolls around. Two weeks ago he and I were snuggling watching an Elmo video. I fell asleep and Mike took Miles to bed. Mike watched an entire movie with me cashed out on the couch. I think I slept about 12 hours that night.
Other Notes:
Early on during this pregnancy I became incredibly itchy. It started shortly after I started taking prenatal vitamins. My doctor and I initially thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction to the DHA in the vitamins, so I stopped taking them. Within a few days the itching died down but didn't completely stop. I started a new batch of vitamins a few weeks later but the itching came back.
I contacted an allergist and was relieved to learn that I have a skin disorder called dermatographism – to put it simple, my skin can become inflamed when itched, scratched or rubbed. The allergist suggested I start taking Flintstone vitamins since they didn't contain two ingredients he thought may be causing the "flare-up." He also suggested taking Zyrtec to help with the itching. My OBGYN agreed and added an additional Folic Acid supplement to the mix. So far I'm feeling much better!
No comments:
Post a Comment