The entire kitchen, besides the floor and the drywall, was done by Mike (and a few helpers). I am so incredibly proud of the job Mike did. He recently finished the back-splash and it looks amazing. LOVE IT! A HUGE thank you goes out to my dad and Caleb for helping Mike install the cabinets and Mike's dad for all of his help tearing out the old kitchen and installing the appliances. A special thank you to my mother-in-law for her help with Miles during all the construction too. Without all of you, there's no way we could have done it.
BEFORE
We thought long and hard about the re-design of the kitchen. The wall next to the refrigerator was the back of our only closet on the first floor. Unfortunately we had to remove it in order to add more cabinet space to the kitchen. We're still adjusting to life without a coat closet.
DEMO
In our original design, we removed the bulk head in the kitchen. Unfortunately after several holes, we found out the wall above the window was a support beam and the wall next to the sliding door had a few pipes in it. Instead of having 42" cabinets, we had to go back to 30" cabinets in that area. We had also hoped to open up the kitchen and add a little more counter space but couldn't after our "findings."
NOW





The kitchen is painted in Sherwin Williams Silver Mist SW7621. The floor tile is 18x18 Florim USA Normandy Twilight. The counter tops are Giallo Quarry Silestone Quartz. Our cabinets are Aristokraft Maple Winstead in Rouge. I wish I could remember what the back-splash tile is but I can't. I'm sure I have the paperwork somewhere... Oh, and surprisingly, the light was one of the only light fixtures that was left by the owners. We like it so it's staying (at least for now).
The next room scheduled to be unveiled is Miles's room. Pictures should be posted next weekend!


5 comments:
Awesome job! I like the light fixture and would keep it. Can't wait to see pics of Miles room. You guys did a great job.
Looks fabulous!! Mike can have another career in tile work I'm sure :) Love the amount of pantry cabinets you put in. We have friends that did the same thing - took out a coat closet to make more room (kind of the same situation), they put a gorgeous, decorative armoire in the formal living room, and now use that as the coat closet for when guests come over. I spy your mac around the corner :) Take a pic of your setup - designers always love to spy on others workstations. You two are definitely working hard, and it shows!!
What an improvement! I love the oversized drawers next to the oven. Those are fabulous!
Amazing. You guys and your helpers did an incredible job. Can't wait to see the real deal!!
Impressive! I have a bar and bathroom area that could use a makeover... no demo work needed ;-D
Enjoy the new kitchen!
Post a Comment