The last four months have been physically and emotionally draining but we've finally "home." Mike, Miles and I officially moved into our house on Saturday, January 30th. Those of you we talked with knew it was going to take a lot to stop us this weekend. Mother Nature tried by delivering around six inches of snow, but I'm happy to report that she was unsuccessful. We still have a very long way to go until the house is unpacked. We don't have a lot of stuff but we have enough.
Miles seems to be adapting to his new surroundings pretty well. I think his room may look a tad familiar to him (wink, wink). Of all of the rooms, his is the most complete. There are even pictures on his wall...we just have to look past all of the clothes and other things sitting in the middle of his room.
Mike's busy cleaning up the basement so we can move all of the "let's unpack later" boxes from the garage down there. Now that we have a two car garage, we'd like to be able to use it. I'm taking a break from the kitchen. I have most of it unpacked but really need to invest in a multi-step stool. I think I might have to run to Bed Bath & Beyond to pick one up tomorrow. It's a tad difficult for a five foot tall person (on a good day) to reach the top of an eight foot tall cabinet. It's just not happening.
As I mentioned a week or so ago, we promise we'll post pictures but it won't be for a little while. I'm sorry but I'm not ready to show everyone our mess right now. We'll show off our house when there's not clothes and boxes strewn around. We're on a mission, so give us a couple weeks.
If you're interested in visiting (and helping unpack a few boxes) we'd be happy to have you.
3 comments:
YAY! Congrats! I hope we get to see it sooner than later... but, God only knows when we'll make it out to see you. :-(
Looking forward to March, though!
Congrats on finally getting in. Glad Miles is doing well. Must feel good to be home.
Congrats on the new home! :)
Post a Comment