Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy - I'm 6 Months Old!

It turns out that Mike's birthday is Miles's half birthday.

Happy Birthday Mike/Daddy! Thank you for all that you do and for being the husband and father that you are. Miles and I love you very much. We wish you would have taken the day off and relaxed instead of working on the house but we know you're trying to get everything ready for us to move in. Thank you.

Miles is continuing to grow...FAST! He's now eating Stage 2 foods and has liked everything he's tried so far, he's drooling like crazy and is trying so hard to crawl. Miles's been rocking on all four for the last two weeks. He's figured out how to use his legs but hasn't figured out that he needs to move his hands too. The process goes something like this: he lifts himself up on his arms, then pops his legs up, looks around and smiles/giggles, then starts rocking back and forth, after a bit he either does a face plant forward or pushes himself backward. Either ending usually results in a whimper or cry.He's trying so hard. If he's not crawling by the end of January, I'll be shocked.

This month's wasn't nearly as bad as last months but I have a feeling our monthly sessions are not going to get any easier. Even though Miles is becoming more mobile he did pretty well sitting in the chair this time around; however, he was obsessed with the paper sign. He tried multiple times to grab it and eat it. Thank goodness I had a backup because the first sign ended up in his mouth after a couple shots. The second sign eventually fell victim to the slobbery monster but not until after I had enough decent pictures.












2 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy 6 months!

Hannah & Nick said...

Where is Mike's picture with his sign :) Miles sure is a cutie!