Thursday, December 3, 2009

Miles is Five Months Old

People warn you that babies don't stay babies for very long. You really don't believe them until your baby is the one that's growing up way too fast. I never thought after five months I'd be wondering what happened to the (not so) tiny little baby we brought home from the hospital. How could Miles have more than doubled his birth weight and grown six inches already? Time has flown and I hope it slows down because we're enjoying this baby stage.

Yesterday the electrical company scheduled a power outage for maintenance in our daycare providers neighborhood. So I took a vacation day and spent the entire day with Miles. We tried several times to capture his five month picture but unlike other monthly photo sessions, this one was a tad more difficult. Our once stationary baby is now a rolly-polly wiggle worm and keeping him still is becoming a challenge. I have a feeling we'll be chasing after a crawling Miles in no time.

Mike wanted to do retakes today, but after much thought, I decided against it. Miles isn't always going to be smiling (proof below). I'd rather have a great candid picture, happy Miles or not, than try to pose a five-month-old because, let's face it, that's not going to happen!

FIRST TRY OF THE DAY: UNSUCCESSFUL





BREAK TIME: HAPPY MILES



NAP TIME: HAPPY (NOT SLEEPING) MILES



SECOND ATTEMPT: BEGINNING GREAT. ENDING NOT SO GREAT.



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a hansome little man -- not surprising, given his beautiful parents! What a great year for you 3 1/2 (can't forget Homer there!)!

Much Love,

Lauren :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, editing -- should read 'handsome' -- blonde moment... :)