On Thursday, July 2nd at 9:00 am, Mike and I arrived at Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) and got checked in. Labor and Delivery was extremely busy so it took over an hour before we were taken back to our room. It wasn't until 11:00 am or so that they started the pitocin. Since I was already dilated 3cm, my doctor didn't expect labor to be too long. By 2:30 pm, I was dilated to 4cm (almost 5cm) and decided it was time for the epidural. My contractions weren't terrible but I didn't see a need to find out how much worse they could/would get. By 6:00 pm, I was ready to push. Unfortunately, shortly after we started, my IV got caught on a nursing student. It took almost an hour for my nurse and the nurse practioner to find a new vein for my IV.
At 7:52 pm, Mike and I were introduced to our son, Miles Riordan Tedeschi. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 10 ounces and measured 21 inches long.
Mike and I with Miles shortly after delivery.
Mr. Miles
7 comments:
I'm loving that hat! I can't believe Miles is here finally. I hope you are all doing well at home. He's so perfect!
I can't decide - one picture makes him look just like Shannon, then I see another one, and I think no, he's all Mike! Hmmm... either way, he's so cute I could just eat him up. Does he like "older women"? I'll be sure to send new pictures of Maddy! ;-P
Glad to hear things went well for the delivery! We go into the Dr. tomorrow for a non-stress test, and to see how things are going! We are both very exciting for you and Mike, Miles looks like a very healthy, cute baby!
Congratulations! Have fun getting to know the new love in your life. :)
Congrats on little Miles! What a cutey! I see a good amount of Teushi in those pics. Can't wait to see him grow on the blog! The first few weeks are tough...it gets better! :) Have fun with your newest life addiction!
He's gorgeous! And both of you look so calm and relaxed in the pictures! Parenthood....no big deal!
Congrats! You guys look great and Miles is adorbale. Love the name.
Post a Comment