Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Madness Brackets (Our Baby Name Picks)

We know the first round of the basketball tournament doesn't begin until March 17th, but we're kicking things off today. In celebration of March Madness, Mike and I thought we would join in the fun and create a tournament of baby names. We are not basketball enthusiasts, so instead of making our top b-ball picks, we've created a bracket system of 32 boys and girls names. We are releasing the boys' bracket today and will release the girls' bracket next week. Every week, we will release the names of the next round until we reach the final four for both groups.

Mike and I have already selected our top four boys and girls names already. Although some of the names in the First Round are a little "different" keep in mind we needed 32 names. However, all names selected for the Sweet 16, Great Eight and Final Four rounds are ones we would seriously consider naming our child. Click the image to see a larger view of the bracket and names!


We hope you'll join in the fun and download the blank bracket sheet (CLICK HERE to download Excel file). Fill it out with your top picks and email it back to me. Remember, the girls names will be released next week. To make this a little more interesting, the winner of the tournament will win a $20 gift card to Target.

BRACKET SCORING INFORMATION
2 points for each First Round win picked (green column)
4 points for each Sweet 16 win picked (orange column)
8 points for each Great Eight win picked (purple column)
16 points picking the baby's name
**We're not going to make our final selection until the baby is born. So you'll have to wait to find out our pick.

You're bracket must be emailed to shannontedeschi@gmail.com no later than Tuesday, March 17th.

Take our baby name poll too! It's underneath the picture of Mike and I on the right. We'll update this as the "tournament" progresses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Wynona's not on the girls bracket, I'll be so upset!

Laci and Matt said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea! I'm SO going to play!!! And if I win, (ha!) you are absolutely keeping the $20 gc!

Laci and Matt said...

BTW, Will, Quinn and Evan was on our list too :)

Carey Rennekamp said...

SO fun Shann!!! I can't decide... there are sooo many cute names on here. I'm going to go vote on the poll to the right and hopefully get my bracket sent soon.