Earlier today, I looked through "old" pictures. Pictures of the day you were born and then pictures of each of your past three birthdays. Even though you're getting bigger, a few things haven't changed. Your little dimples get me every single time you smile. The way you look up with your big eyes and give a little smirk makes my heart melt. You may be small, but you fill a room with your presence. Sometimes it's because you're loud (very loud). Other times, it's because you're being your witty and silly self.
You, my little lady, challenge your daddy and I to be better parents. You challenge us with your strong will and negotiation skills. You challenge us with you ability to pull close to an all-nighter and survive the next day without a taste of caffeine. You are smart, sassy and relentless. I've been told once or twice that you are my mini in more ways than one. The jury is still out on that one, but here's what I do know...
- We need to invest in a king bed because you truly enjoy sneaking into mine and Daddy's room and snuggling every night.
- Your brother adores you (unless you break one of his Lego sets and then all bets are off). The two of you are each other's biggest fans. Most nights end with the two of you running around the house giggling and trying to catch one another.
- You love those in your "circle" fiercely BUT people have to earn their way into your circle. It's not an automatic add.
- You are a mother hen and love watching out for others. You are quick to lend a hand, but will speak up if you think one of your friends is doing something wrong or that could hurt them.
- Every night, you fall asleep faster if you're holding mine or daddy's hand. BUT, if daddy's putting you to bed, he often falls asleep before you do.
- You love baby dolls and pandas. In fact, you've adopted all of my pandas that I had stored away from my college years in the AOII house. You make sure that they are all dressed, fed and loved.
- Kid Rock's Drinking Beer with Dad is one of your favorite songs. If you're in a grumpy mood, daddy can turn it on and usually pull a smile out.
- Dance parties solve most problems.
- And, you remind me every day that the days are long but the years are short.
Oh, I also have no doubt that you will be an amazing woman one day. Even though you're only four, I'm excited to see your body grow into your personality. I'm not going to lie though, I may be a teeny bit scared of your teenage years (thankfully we're still nine years away). But until then, slow down, please. You are growing up way too fast and each year seems to go a little bit faster.
Baby girl. Keep those butterfly and eskimo kisses heading this way. I love you to the moon and back.
XOXO, Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment