Moose. Her nickname is Moose.
As our pediatrician put it at her 18 month check-up (at the end of May), Melina is a big girl for her age — she's a moose. She weighs 26 pounds and is 32.5 inches tall — she's in the 75th percentile for both. She also inherited the Riordan head — her head circumference is also in the 75th percentile.
I'm not sure if the nickname Moose will stick, but after our pediatrician called her it, I looked up the symbolic meaning of the animal. "...Moose symbolizes the expression of joy when something has been accomplished, not in a 'show-off look at me I want recognition' kind of way, but in a true sense of sharing that springs from knowing how infectious joy is. Moose is a symbol of headstrong, longevity, wisdom, confidence, self-esteem, primal feminine energy and steadfastness." (http://www.shamanicjourney.com) Yup. That's Melina.
No comments:
Post a Comment