Friday, November 16, 2012

Countdown to Being a Big Brother

Dear Miles,

You amaze me. I may be your mommy and just a tad biased, but you really are one special little boy. You have this silly giggle that makes those around you laugh. You belt out whatever song is in your heart without caring who is listening. But, my favorite is when you walk around with your blanket balanced on your head — where you picked up this talent and why you do it is beyond me. You just live to love.

Tomorrow will be a BIG day for you. Tomorrow you will become a BIG brother. Daddy and I will be the first to admit that we haven't picked up a single book on what we should or shouldn't do to prepare you for this BIG adventure. Then again, most of what we've learned the last three years hasn't been from books, it's been from you and from each other. I'm sure we'll be faced with some challenges in the coming weeks (along with sleep deprivation), but I'm also certain that the excitement you've shown over the last nine months will continue.

The paper countdown chain we created three months ago is down to one link. The expression you gave daddy and I when you realized that the baby is going to "pop" tomorrow was pure happiness. When Nannie and PopPop bring you to the hospital to meet your baby brother or sister, I fully expect that you will be grinning from ear to ear (and yes, the camera will be there to capture the moment).

I thank God daily that he made me and daddy your parents. It's not hard to love you; it's hard not to love you. The time we've had with you has been priceless and I'm thankful that we've been able to grow in love, faith and happiness together. There's no doubt that you will love your baby brother or sister with all of your heart. Our wish for you is that the two of you become the best of friends, that you love one another, and grow up knowing that you always have each other.

Little man, you may not be a "baby" anymore, but you will always be mine.

I love you,
Mommy


No comments: