Monday, July 2, 2012

Today You Are THREE

Dear Miles,
I'm not exactly sure when or how, but you morphed into a little man somewhere between chasing Lucy around the house and putting on your Buzz Lightyear briefs. You're obsessed with brushing your teeth yet fight about washing your hands. You conquered riding a bike with training wheels. You "jumped" into your toddler bed without looking back at your crib. You mastered your alphabet, counting to 10 (and occasionally 20), your colors, shapes, months and days. I'm surprised you haven't requested a superhero cape yet to go with your amazing "powers."

You often leave daddy and I speechless with some of the conversations you have with us. You are not only talking in full sentences, but they make complete sense (most of the time). For the last month you've been impersonating Buzz Lightyear and are constantly saying "To Infinity and Beyond" or "I'm Buzz Lightyear – I come in peace." You giggle. We giggle. But really there's nothing sweeter than hearing you say "I love you, mommy" and trust me, daddy loves hearing you say it too.

You are your daddy's little shadow. Any mention of going out to the shed and you quickly grab the "rubber ducky" key and race out the door to help. If daddy's mowing the lawn, you are too. If he's putting something together, you're handing him the tools. The two of you have an amazing bond and I'm blessed that I'm able to witness it daily.

You are getting so big. Thirty-six months doesn't seem like enough time for a tiny newborn to become the person you are. I want to remember the way you are as this little man in my life. The way you wrap your arms around my neck and give me a hug, how you give me "jailbird kisses" through the slats of your bed, and the way you giggle as daddy or I chase you up the stairs. How when you are hurt my kisses seem to make everything better. I love that you want to snuggle and read books every night and then collect your entourage of buddies for bed. I want to remember how you wake up in the morning you bury your head in your pillow then turn to the side and say "good morning, mommy."


You are and always will be my sunshine. Happy Birthday, Miles.

Love, Mommy


No comments: