Every day, Mike and I are amazed at how much he is changing. It's hard to believe Miles has gained over 3 pounds and grown more than 2 inches since he was born. It'll be interesting to see how big he is at his next appointment on September 11th. He's definitely going through his 6 week growth spurt...he's sleeping most of the day and night and when he's not sleeping, he wants fed. Miles found his thumbie a couple weeks ago and now prefers it over a pacifier. He'll spit the pacifier right back at us and pop his thumb (or whole hand) in his mouth instead. We're also starting to see smiles more often. He now lights up when we walk in the room each morning. I feel blessed that I'm able to stay home until mid-September. I could not imagine being back at work already. The United States should follow Canada's lead and change maternity leave to a year.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Miles is Six Weeks Old
Our Lil' Bean is now six weeks old!
Every day, Mike and I are amazed at how much he is changing. It's hard to believe Miles has gained over 3 pounds and grown more than 2 inches since he was born. It'll be interesting to see how big he is at his next appointment on September 11th. He's definitely going through his 6 week growth spurt...he's sleeping most of the day and night and when he's not sleeping, he wants fed. Miles found his thumbie a couple weeks ago and now prefers it over a pacifier. He'll spit the pacifier right back at us and pop his thumb (or whole hand) in his mouth instead. We're also starting to see smiles more often. He now lights up when we walk in the room each morning. I feel blessed that I'm able to stay home until mid-September. I could not imagine being back at work already. The United States should follow Canada's lead and change maternity leave to a year.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Every day, Mike and I are amazed at how much he is changing. It's hard to believe Miles has gained over 3 pounds and grown more than 2 inches since he was born. It'll be interesting to see how big he is at his next appointment on September 11th. He's definitely going through his 6 week growth spurt...he's sleeping most of the day and night and when he's not sleeping, he wants fed. Miles found his thumbie a couple weeks ago and now prefers it over a pacifier. He'll spit the pacifier right back at us and pop his thumb (or whole hand) in his mouth instead. We're also starting to see smiles more often. He now lights up when we walk in the room each morning. I feel blessed that I'm able to stay home until mid-September. I could not imagine being back at work already. The United States should follow Canada's lead and change maternity leave to a year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment