Friday, December 5, 2008

Naming Baby Tedeschi

Below is an e-mail from my dad's friend Mike Menz. For those of you who have not had the privilege of meeting him, he's quite the character (I mean that in a good way, Mike). Mike has offered to be a part of our "Name Baby Tedeschi Committee" and after reading his e-mail, how could we resist..I think we're actually going to have him co-chair it with our soon-to-be brother-in-law Tim. Anyway, we thought we'd share his ideas with all of you. If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to e-mail them to us at shannontedeschi@gmail.com. We'll be sure to post the suggestions we receive!

From: Mike Menz

Mike & Shannon - Congratulations from Denise & Me. You are going to have sooo... much to do before the baby arrives. It's all fun, enjoy every minute.

To help relieve some of your burden, I would like to offer my services to be part of the "Name Baby Tedeschi Committee." I don't offer this service lightly or without experience. Obviously, I had a part in naming our son Matt. In addition I offered to help my dental hygienist name her first son. This experience was unbelievable. To fully appreciate this story you have to know a song from the 60's called The Name Game and a little of her family history. Here is a link to the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MJLi5_dyn0

The hygienist name is Kelly Buckinowicz. Her husband, Paul, is a DJ on WCSX. To make things easier, Paul is known as Uncle Buck. Kelly also has done a radio show on Sunday mornings. Music is a big part of their lives. Kelly's mom, Sue, was the receptionist at the Dentist office. So here we have Paul & Kelly Buck and mom Sue.

Kelly became pregnant for the first time and as the birth approached, I had a dentist appointment. After signing in with Sue I inquired whether Paul & Kelly had decided on a name yet. (They knew that they we going to have a boy). She replied that they hadn't. I suggested that they could name him after 2 great aviators and a famous football coach. Sue stared at me with a puzzled look. I said "You know, Charles Lindbergh, Chuck Yeager and Bo Schlembechler." The puzzled look didn't go away. i said "That way your grandson could be Chuck Chuck Bo Buck." (Note: If you know the premise of the song you can't use Chuck because you say a REALLY bad word). OK, I told you that the experience was unbelievable. Now here is the unbelievable part. Sue turned to me and said "You @$hole!" Isn't that unbelievable, she called me an @$hole, right there in the Dentist's office. I had never been called an @$hole, in a Dentist's office.
UN BE LIEVE ABLE.


So as you can see, I do have the experience necessary to assist you with this decision. As a matter of fact, I've already come up with one name you may want to consider. I call it the Ian Fleming genre. Ian Fleming was the guy that created the James Bond character. As a matter of fact, if you selected this name it would continue a legacy of Ian Fleming genre names in Shannon's family. Okay, okay, I'm getting to the name. First you have to imagine Sean Connery as James Bond with that thick Scottish accent. He walks up to a beautiful woman to introduce himself. What does he say? "My name is Bond... James Bond." another link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFZtMWs31oo

Shannon's Dad walks into a bar and introduces himself to the barmaid. What does he say? My name is Dan,......Rior Dan. So you probably figured it out by now, right? The beauty of it is, the name isn't gender specific. Yet it has the aforementioned impact. You child walks into Kindergarten the first day and introduces him/her self to the teacher. What does she/he say? My name is Eschi,.....Ted Eschi. Awesome huh? Carries on a generational theme, has impact and won't get lost in a crowd.

Of course, I'll understand if you don't agree to this name right away. I'll give it some deep thought and see what else I can come up with.

Best Wishes,
Michael Cassady Menz

No comments: