Sis, you are SEVEN!
From day one, you have had a mind of your own. You are fierce, independent and unpredictable. We never know who is going to walk out of your bedroom each morning. We tend to see a grumpy face on weekdays and then all smiles on weekends...clearly you love the weekends (who can blame you).
Little Miss, you’ve grown so much over the last year. You learned to read and now read books to me and dad with little help. You saw your brother learn to play the Ukulele and the next thing we knew, you were learning it too. There’s no stopping you when you set your mind to something—next up, sewing. You’re teaching me how to use the sewing machine I’ve had for 10 years. I still can’t stitch a straight line but you’re sewing pillowcases and anything else you can imagine up. You amaze me.
I love watching you play. You are naturally athletic but, ironically, you could care less about being an athlete. You love to pick up a glove and toss the ball around or step up to the plate and take a swing. One of your favorite things to do is dribble a soccer ball around the court. When you’re at home, you are ready to “bring it on.” You just don’t love suiting up and playing in an actual game. I lost count of how many goals you scored this last soccer season, but I’m convinced that there would be no love lost if you never played another game.
You are such a gentle heart and full of love. Nothing makes you happier then helping another person. You’re one of the only kids I know who jumps at the opportunity to fold clothes, vacuum or dust. If your dad or I need help, it’s almost a guarantee that you’re going help tackle the task. If you’re in a “mood” giving you a “job” is an easy way to help you shake it. If that doesn’t work, a snuggle session with your bud Cooper is the next best thing.
Yesterday we celebrated your last day as a six-year-old with your first trip to NYC. There’s no doubt that you have the same travel bug that I have—you were in awe and took in all the sights and sounds. You were mesmerized by the views from the Empire State Building and could have stood along the edge of the Rockefeller Center ice rink all day people watching. The evening ended with a little Disney magic at Frozen. You rated the day trip a 20 because your scale is from 1–20 (because 10 isn’t big enough).
One of my favorite things are the notes you give me and dad out of the blue. My coat pocket has small piece of paper with “I love you mom XOXOXOX” written on it. You even gave me one a week ago that seemed perfect to share here:
I am 7.
Mi favrit celr is bloue.
Mi favrit food is makea and thes.
Mi favirt sport is sokre.
Mi fevrit game is tag.
the end.
I’m pretty sure your birthday countdown started a year ago. You love your birthday and the minute it’s over, you’re ready to jump ahead to the next. But listen to me, SLOW DOWN. There are 364 days until your next birthday and I promise your dad and I celebrate you (and your brother) each and every day. We are thankful and blessed to be your parents and do not take our role lightly. We know that you are a gift—one that didn’t come with an instruction manual or a gift receipt. You will forever be one of our favorite “gifts.”
I’m pretty sure your birthday countdown started a year ago. You love your birthday and the minute it’s over, you’re ready to jump ahead to the next. But listen to me, SLOW DOWN. There are 364 days until your next birthday and I promise your dad and I celebrate you (and your brother) each and every day. We are thankful and blessed to be your parents and do not take our role lightly. We know that you are a gift—one that didn’t come with an instruction manual or a gift receipt. You will forever be one of our favorite “gifts.”
Baby girl, over the last year, you’ve grown so much. Every day you step further away from being a baby but every now and then you remind that no matter what you’ll always be my baby. Tonight you asked me to lay with you as you fell asleep. It’s not an unusual request for you but I laid down and you were rubbing my forehead the way that I rub yours softly as you’re falling asleep. You did the same with my hair. Then, with your eyes closed, you whispered “I love you mommy.”





No comments:
Post a Comment