Sunday, April 21, 2013

Melina: Five Months Old

Dear Bubbles,

You are our little sunshine — you certainly make us happy. You still scream (a lot) but your smiles melt so many hearts. And, those dimples.

Your big brother adores you and I believe the feeling is mutual. Miles sings to you daily — if it's not Baby Beluga, it's Ho Hey by the Lumineers. The way he sings, "I belong to you, you belong to me, you're my sweetheart" could break a girls heart — thankfully he's your brother and I think he'll be protecting it. He loves you, sometimes a little too much. The minute he gets too close (which is more often than not), you let out a scream and remind him that you're the boss now... I think you'll be reminding him the rest of your lives.

I was so happy to announce that "Operation: Baby Sleep in Bed" was completed last month, but that strong personality of yours decided that it wasn't. You sleep in your room, but not in your crib. You enjoy the Rock and Sleep we have. Both daddy and I think it's because it's like you're in a cocoon. We have our fingers crossed that we'll be using the crib sooner rather then later. 

You found your piggies a few weeks ago and, when they are within reach, you enjoy tasting them. You also started rolling over. Daddy and I missed it the first four times — you're a bit sneaky — but we finally caught you in the act this week. You're working on your giggle. I love the little grunts you give. When that belly laugh comes out, I have a feeling it's going to be contagious.

You are my baby girl, and I know one day you're going to turn into a daddy's girl, but for now I'm going to cherish the way you tug on the back of my hair, wrap your tiny fingers around my hand, smile the minute I walk into the room, and snuggle up under my chin when you're tired. 

Happy five months, baby girl!



No comments: