Monday, February 25, 2013

Melina: Three Months Old

Dear Melina,

As I write this, you are laying next to me sleeping peacefully. Yes — You. Are. Sleeping. You must have read last month's post because you have been sleeping through the night for the last couple weeks. It's now a rare occasion when you don't sleep for 10-12 hours each night. Thank you, baby girl. You have made mommy and daddy so incredibly happy. But don't worry we still need to work on getting you into your room... but honestly, you're sleeping through the night so daddy and I thought it was only fair that we cut you some slack.

Melina, you truly are our little angel and our sunshine. Every morning you wake up with a smile and more times than not, you fall asleep with one. Even though this winter has been dreary, you brighten up our days. Don't get me wrong, you have one mean cry but even that makes me smile. Your personality is starting to shine through and for starters, you are LOUD and determined to get your way.

Bubbles. That is your official nickname. Why? You are constantly blowing bubbles. I have no idea how you do it, but whether awake or sleeping, you have tiny little bubbles coming out of your mouth. It's adorable, but now that you're older, you're on the verge of needing to wear a bib constantly because of your bubble making super power.

Recently you started showing favoritism toward me and daddy doesn't quite know what to do. You'll scream and scream and scream sometimes while you're in his arms — even if you've been fed and have a dry diaper. The moment you are back in my arms, you quiet down and relax. I know there will be a day where daddy will be your super hero but for now, I'll pretend I have special powers.

Every day your tiny face takes so much in. You watch your brother run around like a crazy kid, laughing at him until he bonks you in the head with his (I would yell too). You found your hands and cannot stop sucking on them and when you do, you're either talking or there is a pacifier or a bottle in your mouth. Girl, you love to eat... daddy says it must be the Italian in you.

We love you to the moon and back, baby girl. Happy three months!


No comments: