Friday, June 8, 2012

Old and New Friends

Almost 20 years ago, Faswilla and I met in Tacoma, Washington thanks to our Aunt Rosie (my dad's sister) and Uncle George (her dad's brother). We were pre-teens and quickly became friends. Like most young girls, I'm certain we thought we'd be friends forever and for a while we stayed in touch. Sadly distance took it's toll on our friendship and we lost touch.

Fast forward to Memorial Day weekend. Faswilla lives in Virginia, just south of DC, with her husband and son. Aunt Rosie was in town visiting Mike, Miles and I, so Faswilla and I decided we'd get together so she could have time with our aunt as well. We spent the afternoon catching up, watching our sons (who are only months apart) play together and, of course, pulling out a few old photos.


From top left (clockwise): Wesley & Miles; Faswilla, Wesley, Aunt Rosie, Shannon & Miles; Wesley, Aunt Rosie & Miles



No comments: