Miles started piano lessons today – not really. We had lunch with my Great Aunt Betty and her daughters, Mary Beth and Tricia, this afternoon. Aunt Betty is a piano teacher and I think both her and Miles are counting down the days until he can start lessons. She says he needs to be around eight so his fingers are more developed and that he'll have the patience to sit down for a half hour to learn (we have just under six years to go!). While we were there she played a few tunes for him, which he absolutely loved.
Aunt Betty and my cousins are the only family I have in Maryland and Tricia is the historian for the family. Every time we visit with them, I learn a little bit more about my Grandma Riordan, the Flaherty clan and a new story or two about how my dad was when he was a boy. I think the majority of the stories end with Aunt Betty saying, "oh, and that Danny..."
So, Miles may not be starting piano lessons any time soon, but it looks like I may be. Aunt Betty made an offer that was hard to refuse – free lessons, some great aunt time and a plate of cookies to take home after each lesson. How can a girl resist?!

No comments:
Post a Comment