We had another check-up today. The heartbeat was loud and clear. From the outside, everything seems to be going well and we're right on track. I've gained eight pounds (sorry girls, no belly to show just yet). Our sonogram will be sometime in the next two weeks. We haven't changed our mind...we will NOT be finding out the sex of the baby.
We've been busy. We've interviewed several potential daycare providers. We have another appointment on Monday. We'll hopefully have that squared away within the next couple weeks. We've also scheduled a couple pediatrician appointments for April. According to a book my friend gave me, Baby 411 (excellent resource), the end of the second trimester is the best time to do this. We'll be taking care of the pediatrician interviews over spring break. I feel like we're making headway.
This weekend we're going crib shopping (again). Since I'm vertically challenged, we're searching for a drop-side crib. Now-a-days everyone is selling convertible cribs that can be turned into full beds later on. Unfortunately, when the mattress is at its lowest setting, I will not be able to reach the baby. This just won't work. It's been difficult finding models to try at the store. We may just have to cross our fingers when we place the order. We're also hoping to register soon. I just found out that Bed, Bath & Beyond actually carries baby stuff. Who knew?
Stay tuned...our next posting should be pictures of the baby.
2 comments:
Another book I've heard is good and expecting Moms I know have commented on is "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy. She keeps it real, sometimes to real and makes it all funny.
~Renne
I popped about 17-18 weeks, so watch out!! It's so much fun. Enjoy!!!
Post a Comment